Well, honestly, a lot has happened and perhaps rather than trying to tell you all in one go, I will update you, little by little, as the time goes on...or at least I will try.
Last weekend was Halloween and here in the USA, it is almost a national holiday. The houses, the shops, Mums & Dads, children of all ages and even their pets get decorated in horrible outfits with lots of fake blood and despicable appearance supposed to scare us. Well, I don't get it. I cannot get into the horror scene and was very pleased to be invited to the neighbors who do not exercise that side of the Halloween celebrations.
What I like is the Fall decorations with the straw scarecrows and wreaths of dried leaves and apples celebrating Earth's fertility and the seasonal collection of vegetables such as butternut squash, sweet potatoes and the pumpkins. Apparently, you know it is Autumn in the USA when Starbucks starts advertising their pumpkin spice latte...a specialty that gets a lot of hype and her been copied by all other fast food chains.
This year, and probably because we moved over, the Fall has been the warmest in the last twenty years and we hope very strongly that the sunny days and the mellow warm afternoons last....

No comments:
Post a Comment